Query Mode

Giridhar Manepalli gmanepal at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 26 03:13:02 EST 2005

Hello All,
When I set the mapserver(CGI) in query mode(based on query templates)
and  click on a layer, I am ABLE to get the information from the dbf
file.

Now,

1.) How can I send the lat/long of the click that I make to a PostGIS
table and retrieve information based on the lat/long?

2.) Also, is it possible to get the information from the dbf and query
the PostGIS table based on information from the dbf. For example,
.dbf file has ID=1 for a feature. Now, when I click on a feature, can
I get the ID value and subsequently query the PostGIS table for UUID
based on ID before I display both the UUID and ID?

click -> get ID from dbf
        -> get UUID from PostGIS table using ID
        -> Display UUID and ID

I appreciate if someone can suggest me a way to tackle these two issues.

Thanks,
Giridhar