MapServer going mobile on Zaurus

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Sun Mar 27 04:15:19 EST 2005

Le vendredi 25 Mars 2005 07:22, blaise a écrit :
> Le vendredi 25 Mars 2005 05:32, blaise a écrit :
> > Hi,
> > I would have like to post this on the devel list but I can't. (I'm often
> > lost with sucribtion proccess...sorry)
> >
> > Well, I hope I'm close to it. I got a Zaurus sl-5500 recently to try to
> > put MapServer inside.
> >  MapServer finds the libs at configure and build time. I am still missing
> > the libtiff devel package, but I should get it or I will try to build it.
> > The configure pass seems to go smoothly, I can join the output if needed;
> > but I get a strange kind of errors at build :
> >
> > ./libmap.a(mapstring.o): In function 'trimLeft':
> > mapstring.o(.text+0x258): undefined reference to '__ctype_b'
> > ./libmap.a(mapstring.o): In function 'MSEncodeUrl':
> > mapstring.o(.text+0x98c): undefined reference to '__ctype_b'
> > ./libmap.a(mapstring.o): In function 'hash':
> > maphash.o(.text+0x98): undefined reference to '__ctype_tolower'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make: *** [shp2img] Error 1
>
> Now it build fine !
> I found a trick in a kind of RedHat bugzilla. But fully applied, it gave
> other errors, so I just kept what was needed... I'ld like to know it what I
> did could corrupt MapServer :
> In both files mapstrinc.c and maphash.c, I added a line at the very
> begining, just after this one :
> #include <ctype.h>
>
> For mapstring.c, I added this line :
> __const unsigned short int *__ctype_b;
> and for maphash.c, this one :
> __const __int32_t *__ctype_tolower;
>
> Can this mess up MapServer ?

Not yet working :-( and quiet fastidious to setup the whole thing...
Puting Mapserver cgis in the apache cgi-bin directory and pointing at :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?
gives :
"No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty."

MapServer infos gives :
#mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
INPUT=EEPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE

But initializing Itasca demo gives :
"loadMapInternal(): General error message. Given map extent is invalid."
Quite uncommon mapserver error, isn't it ?

Apache error log file tells :
[Desktop Entry]
[...Date and time...] [warn] pid file /var/run/apache.pid overwritten --
Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?]
[...Date and time...] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)]
[...Date and time...05:23] [notice] Apache/1.3.29 (Debian GNU/Linux)
configured -- resuming normal operation]

I divided by ten the main and reference images size in demo.html and demo.map.
Also removed the decimal of the main and reference images EXTENT. Does the
reference image have to be of one of MapServer image INPUT types ?

How can I debug ? I have never used MapServer log files, could it be of any
use ?
Do you think the RedHat trick I used to allow MapServer to build (previous
post) is responsible for that error ? Or is it really some differences
between gcc-2.95.2 and gcc-3.xx ?
This error is hard coded in mapfile.c and mapobject.c files. I am going to
check these files, see also if I find a better trick that could allow a nice
MapServer building, and try to slim Itasca demo step by step to see what is
working and what is not.
One last thing : are bison and flex needed to compile nicely the basic
MapServer cgi ? I have bison but it is not clear if flex is well installed or
not.
Any ideas for debuging welcomed. Thks.
Blaise