variable layer...

Mark Dieterich mdieterich at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 30 11:18:36 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm hoping that some of you more experienced mapserver users can point
me in the right direction.  I'm working on an app where the underlying
map structure will be the same for all users, however, each user will
end up with a different overlay(s), a shapefile(s) with individual information
on it.  I have no problem generating the mapfile for the underlying
maps, but what do I do about the variable layer?  At present, I've been
just working with the mapserver cgi, but I forsee using php/mapscript
before too long.  Any pointers about how to deal with this variable
layer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark