variable layer...

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Wed Mar 30 11:41:16 EST 2005

Le mercredi 30 Mars 2005 18:18, Mark Dieterich a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping that some of you more experienced mapserver users can point
> me in the right direction.  I'm working on an app where the underlying
> map structure will be the same for all users, however, each user will
> end up with a different overlay(s), a shapefile(s) with individual
> information on it.  I have no problem generating the mapfile for the
> underlying maps, but what do I do about the variable layer?  At present,
> I've been just working with the mapserver cgi, but I forsee using
> php/mapscript before too long.  Any pointers about how to deal with this
> variable layer would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

I did that once, a common app with a common raster and several user specific
shape files. This way :
- one directory per user, with mapfile and shape files.
Depending of the user authentification, the application read the related
mapfile, and shapes files.
I don't remember exactly how I made the raster common to all users. I think
used the "DATA ../to/common/raster.tif" statement in the raster layer section
of the mapfile; or maybe a symlink from each user directory to a common file.
Blaise