Moving TILEINDEX in a subfolder

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Thu Mar 31 10:54:52 EST 2005

Hi list,
I have some Georeferenced TIFFs and I made a single shapefile with
"gdaltindex" utility.

My mapfile is:

MAP
 SHAPEPATH "./data"
  LAYER
    NAME "my_rasterlayer"
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX "Raster_shapefile"
    TILEITEM "location"

Raster_shapefile.dbf is:

LOCATION
Raster1.tif
Raster2.tif

All works.

Now I want to move ONLY my raster files (and obviously the index
shapefile!) in a subfolder (./data/subfolder), leaving other shapefiles
in ./data .
I modify my mapfile in this manner:

MAP
 SHAPEPATH "./data"
  LAYER
    NAME "my_rasterlayer"
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX "./subfolder/Raster_shapefile"
    TILEITEM "location"

Mapserver now DON'T SHOW the raster layer!
I have to manually modify values in "Raster_shapefile.dbf":

LOCATION
subfolder/Raster1.tif
subfolder/Raster2.tif

Only with this change all works as before.

Is it normal?
Why raster are searched in the SHAPEPATH directory instead of the
shapefile directory?
Should I file a bug?

I'm using:

MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

on a Linux Red Hat 9.0.

Thank you,
    Daniele