and one more labeling question...

Jeff Portwine jdport at VERITIME.COM
Thu Mar 31 16:58:56 EST 2005

Ignore this one, i figured it out... I just wasn't using truetype fonts.   REalized it moments after asking the question...

Sorry about that!

-Jeff

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Portwine
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:17 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] and one more labeling question...

  I have seen mapserver maps with street names angled to follow the streets...  how do you set the angle of the text?   I've tried adding  "ANGLE  AUTO" to the label section of my mapfile, but I don't know what to use for "ANGLELABELITEM"... i've never seen a shapefile of any kind that had an attribute showing its angle... is there some way to calculate this from the shapefile data?

  Thanks again,
  Jeff