MapServer & TIFF 24 bits

Virginie Berre vberre at GI-PARIS.COM
Wed May 4 09:45:46 EDT 2005

Hi !

I think my problem isn't the TIFF 16 or 24 bits but I don't know why it
doesn't work.

My configuration is :
./mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.4.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

My mapfile is :
MAP
  NAME "DEMO"
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  SHAPEPATH "ParisIGN10M"
  EXTENT 534000 2346000 691000 2472000
  #EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
  SIZE 600 400

  WEB
    METADATA
      "wms_title"                  "WMS Demo Server"
      "wms_onlineresource"         "http://localhost/cgi-bin/wms?"
      "wms_srs"                    "EPSG:27582"
    END
    IMAGEPATH '/tmp/'
  END

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:27582"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME Paris
    DATA "2000-0590-0128-75-10M.TIF"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE RASTER

    METADATA
      "wms_title" "Paris"
      "wms_onlineresource" "http://localhost/cgi-bin/wms?"
    END

    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:27591"
    END
  END
END

I don't know if the Projection is right and I don't know how to know it.

The error shown in the browser is :
Internal Server Error
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

But there's no error in the error log file.

I hope someone has the solution !!

Thanks !

Virginie