Projections with ARCINFO Grids

Aaron Racicot aaronr at ECOTRUST.ORG
Wed May 4 15:37:37 EDT 2005

Frank,

Thanks for the quick reply...

It turns out that 'PROJECTION "AUTO" END' does work and my maps are
displaying great.  I just hope the functionality stays working in future
versions!

In the case of my previous example, the new mapfile layer def is:

  LAYER
    DATA "siuslaw/data_cd/region/shd90/"
      METADATA
      END
    NAME "siuslaw_data_cd_region_shd90"
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS ON
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TYPE RASTER
    UNITS METERS
    PROJECTION
      "AUTO"
    END
  END

And the resulting mapfile after saving it back out via php_mapscript
with the projection filled in automatically by Mapserver:

  LAYER
    DATA "siuslaw/data_cd/region/shd90/"
      METADATA
      END