ogrinfo show x y columns as strings

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 6 11:45:30 EDT 2005

On 5/6/05, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
> Yep, you are right. OgrInfo (using driver CSV) sees features now, but
> only when reading it straigt from disk. If I feed it to ogr via a odbc
> connection (needed for virtual datascources (isn't it???)). It still
> says 0 features, because it uses the VRT driver.

Richard,

You don't need to use ODBC as the source for VRT datasets.
Input from any OGR supportted format is legal.   The CSV driver
was specifically implemented for lightweight input to the VRT driver
on Unix where the ODBC issues are often messy.

If you can't get OGR access to your CSV file working through a
VRT file email me the .vrt and .csv and I'll take a look.

Best regards,