ogrinfo show x y columns as strings

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at DUIF.NET
Fri May 6 15:29:08 EDT 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> If you can't get OGR access to your CSV file working through a
> VRT file email me the .vrt and .csv and I'll take a look.

duh, I think I tried all combinations now :-0

all info I could google or find was about ODBC vrt's. IF it's possible
maybe it's an idea to put a vrt and csv file in the helpfile of
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_vrt.html as an non odbc example?

Here is a vrt file:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
<OGRVRTLayer name="testpoints">
<SrcDataSource>/home/richard/temp/ovr/</SrcDataSource>
<SrcLayer>testpoints.csv</SrcLayer>
<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
<LayerSRS>epsg:28992</LayerSRS>
<GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
</OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

here is a csv file example:

text,x,y
test,100000,400000
test2,110000,411000

tried relativeToVRT="1" and relative paths
tried CSV:prefix
tried ../ovr/testpoints.csv

What's my problem?

TIA Richard