getShape w/ OGR and MapInfo Tabs

Stephan Holl holl at GDF-HANNOVER.DE
Mon May 9 14:49:32 EDT 2005

Hello Frank,

thanks for looking into this.

On Mon, 9 May 2005 11:20:04 -0400 Frank Warmerdam
<fwarmerdam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked through mapogr.cpp and there is no obvios reasons
> why shapeObj's read through OGR would not have their
> bounds set properly.  When you say that the extents
> are set fine with shapefiles or PostGIS do you mean accessing
> the shapefiles or PostGIS through OGR or using the direct support
> for these types in MapServer?

No. I think I am using direct connections for both PostGIS and shape. I
will try if using an OGR-Shape-Connection will give correct shapeObj-
>bounds.

If not, I come back to you and probably fill a bug report.

> I would suggest that you submit a bug report via bugzilla
> including the a sample data file, and a minimal script demonstrating
> your problem.

Best
        Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office (TCH) -  Vahrenwalder Straße 7   -   D-30165 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511-9357560       -          Fax: ++49-(0)511-9357100