getShape w/ OGR and MapInfo Tabs

Stephan Holl holl at GDF-HANNOVER.DE
Mon May 9 15:32:22 EDT 2005

Hello Frank,

On Mon, 9 May 2005 11:20:04 -0400 Frank Warmerdam
<fwarmerdam at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Stephan,
>
> I looked through mapogr.cpp and there is no obvios reasons
> why shapeObj's read through OGR would not have their
> bounds set properly.  When you say that the extents
> are set fine with shapefiles or PostGIS do you mean accessing
> the shapefiles or PostGIS through OGR or using the direct support
> for these types in MapServer?
>
> I would suggest that you submit a bug report via bugzilla
> including the a sample data file, and a minimal script demonstrating
> your problem.

I have created a sample dataset with a small snippet and both mapinfo-
tabs and shapedata, it is located here:

http://www.gdf-hannover.de/holl/tmp/example_mapinfo_problem.tar.gz

Perhaps you can have a look at it and point me to a solution for the
problem.

the mapinfo-tab-files were created with ogr2ogr from the shape-file.
I would really like to have this working, because I do not want to
convert all mapinfo-tabs to shape...

Thank you for your help

Best

        Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office (TCH) -  Vahrenwalder Straße 7   -   D-30165 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511-9357560       -          Fax: ++49-(0)511-9357100