Mapserver response

Norman Barker nbarker at RSINC.COM
Fri May 13 07:31:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

what is the condition that cause MapServer to either retrieve the file and send it back to the user, or to resample the file?  Looking at the socket if MapServer doesn't really do anything to the file then the response (tiff in my case) is sent back as text, but if it does do anything then the response is sent back with a GET header and content-type set, and the reponse-body.

My reason for asking is find some way of getting the data back unaltered as work around to a bug with resampling.

I guess the response mechanism in MapServer is the same for the WMS and WCS.

Many thanks,

Norman Barker