Raster Issues in MapServer 4.4.1

Chris Helm helmster_99 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 17 11:15:57 EDT 2005

I have a few strange Raster situations I wanted to
share with the list.

1. I have a few rasters (Geotiffs) I use as
backgrounds for vector data and they're appearing on
opposite sides of my map, very distorted. When I zoom
to Alaska images from Sweden can be seen, and when I
zoom to Sweden the image from Alaska appears. The
Sweden images also can seen, distorted, in Siberia.

Has anyone seen this behaviour previously?

2. When querying my data at a very 'zoomed in' extent
(and other times) the query map that is being
generated displays all rasters as if you were zoomed
to the full extent of the application. Plus I use a
tiled global MODIS background image that draws only
the section that I'm zoomed into to, but at full
extent.

These are quite strange issues, and they didn't begin
to happen until I upgraded my MapServer version.

I've posted screenshots of the raster problems at:
http://yama.colorado.edu:8080/~chelm/raster_issue/

Thanks,
Chris