Problems installing PHP Mapscript - HELP!

Dan Taylor logicalgenetics at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 19 12:02:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am currently trying to install php mapscript on a Fedora 2 machine.
I have done the following...

./configure --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-jpeg --with-proj
--with-php=/usr/include/php/
make
su
cp -f mapserv /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv40
cp -f mapscript/php3/php_mapscript.so /usr/lib/php4/

And used the following PHP snippet to test it...

<?php
    if (PHP_OS == "WINNT" || PHP_OS == "WIN32")
    {
      dl("php_mapscript.dll");
    }
    else
    {
      dl("php_mapscript.so");
    }
    phpinfo();
?>

The output of phpinfo() is displayed correctly, but the php_mapscript
module is not loaded.  I can confirm this by adding...

extension_loaded("php_mapscript")

... to the script.  I'm using PHP version 4.3.10-2.4.  I haven't
observed any errors when compiling mapserver using the commands above.
 I've also restarted httpd several times using "service httpd
restart".

Here's the output: http://213.210.59.141/php-mapserver-test.php

What have I forgotten?

Cheers,

Dan

--
Dan Taylor

Software Development Engineer, JTL Systems Ltd
PhD Student, Reading University, UK

http://www.logicalgenetics.com