Problems installing PHP Mapscript - HELP!

Dan Taylor logicalgenetics at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 19 12:27:43 EDT 2005

Editted /etc/php.ini and turned on error reporting.  This gave me the error...

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/php_mapscript.so' - libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in
/var/www/html/php-mapserver-test.php on line 11

...which at least let me know what was happening.  Running the command...

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1.7.0 /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1

...solved the problem.

Phew!

Dan

--
Dan Taylor

Software Development Engineer, JTL Systems Ltd
PhD Student, Reading University, UK

http://www.logicalgenetics.com