[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] How can I highlight more than one feature in QUERY mode?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 22 09:26:31 EDT 2005

Daniele Margotti <margottid <at> COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT> writes:

> with CGI
> mode=ITEMQUERYMAP I can produce a map with one highlighted feature (defined
> using QITEM, QLAYER and QSTRING).
>

> How can I highlight
> more than one feature (within the same layer) using the same syntax (QITEM +
> QLAYER + QSTRING)?
> Is there the
> possibility to use an "OR condition" or a regular expression in QSTRING
> parameter?
>

> Thank
> you,
>     Daniele

Make your querystring a regular expression like:

  qstring=/a|b|c/

would highlite objects 'a', 'b', and 'c'. Also be sure to put your template
definition in the HEADER, not in the TEMPLATE. If you put it in TEMPLATE, you'll
get three maps, but by putting it on HEADER, all three objects will be highlited
on the same map.

Rich