Adding .TIFF support

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Mon Oct 3 14:51:14 EDT 2005

Oliver -

GDAL is normally built with TIFF support, and provides it to MapServer.
Are you sure you don't have TIFF support already through GDAL?  Check
your GDAL installation for TIFF support - it's probably already there.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Oliver Ishmael
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:30 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Adding .TIFF support

Hi all,

I am currently running mapserver without support for .Tiff raster data
and realise that i may need to recompile mapserver with improved Gdal
support.
(I already have Gdal installed).

Can someone please explain how i do this....does it require me to
uninstall the current mapserver installation or is there a simple
'upgrade' i could do??

Thanks in advance

Olly