Overlapping symbols

Martijn van Exel m.vanexel at BRIDGIS.NL
Thu Oct 6 02:27:55 EDT 2005

Dear MapServer users,

I have a mapfile with which MapServer (4.4) produces a topographic base layer with thematic symbols on top. I have one layer containing all the thematic data (point features) which I represent with symbols through the use of classes. This works of course :-) The problem however is that the symbols regularly overlap. E.g. I have a class for Hotels and one for Restaurants. It is not uncommon for one address to have both. The result is a messy overlap of hotel and restaurant symbols. Not nice. Is there any way around this without touching the source data?

Thanks i.a. for any pointers,
Regards,

Martijn van Exel
ASP-ontwikkelaar

Onze datadiensten nu ook online via Data Service Providing