mapscript: $result->shapeindex returns 0 and querying failed

Lin Huang linh200210 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 6 10:59:57 EDT 2005

Hi all,

My mapserver application using PHP/mapscripts works
great. But I got errors when doing a query and hope
someone could point out where did I do wrong.

The query part in my php code:
------------
$layer = $mMap->getLayerByName(sites);

$layer->open();

//Querying one layer
$res = $layer->getResult(0);

//print shapeindex
echo "shpaindex: {$oRes->shapeindex}";

$shape =
$layer->getShape($res->tileindex,$res->shapeindex);
$i=0;
while (list($key,$val) = each($shape->values) )
{
    $fields[$i++] = $key;
    echo "Result: $key, $val";
    if ($i>=4) break;
}
-------------

The output:
---------------
shpaindex: 0
Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or
object
in /usr/local/ms/htdocs/net.inc.php on line 294

-------------

The querying layer in my map file

-------------
  LAYER
     CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
     NAME "sites"
     DEBUG on
     # Connect to a remote spatial database
     CONNECTION "user=net100 dbname=netbase
host=localhost"
    DATA "location from (select cust_id,
site_id,location, product_id,
site_name from customer_obs) as new_table using unique
site_id using
srid=4326"

     STATUS ON
     TYPE POINT
     TOLERANCE 5

     CLASSITEM    "product_id"
     LABELITEM    "site_name"
     CLASS
        NAME 'wxm'
        EXPRESSION /5/
        STYLE
          COLOR 255 000 255
          SYMBOL 'star'
          SIZE 9
        END
        LABEL
           COLOR 255 000 255
           SIZE small
           POSITION CL
           MINDISTANCE 100
        END # end of label
         TEMPLATE 'templates/icao_query.html'
     END

    HEADER "templates/icao_header.html"
    FOOTER "templates/footer.html"
  END

Looks to me like the problem is in the shapeindex. Why
it always returns
0?

Thanks very much for any help!

Lin