WCS configuration

Norman Barker nbarker at RSINC.COM
Fri Oct 7 08:06:33 EDT 2005

Hi,

really sorry I can´t send you a link but I am on a holiday terminal so perhaps someone will be kind.  On the new
MapServer CMS there is a WCS howto by myself and Gail Millin with a bit more information on how to do time series, credit to Steve Lime, he did it first!  If you have any suggestions for improving the page please send them.

thanks,

Norman

________________________________

De: UMN MapServer Users List en nombre de Steve Lime
Enviado el: vie 07/10/2005 4:30
Para: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Asunto: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WCS configuration

In the WCS schema it's just a string so I don't believe there's anyway to check the validity based on the schema definitions which is why the samples didn't break. It makes sense that native format *should* be one of the supported formats (the annotation in the schema says as much). That does cause a problem because it would mean any format the GDAL could not write could not be referenced as a native format- that's not good. I suppose you'd just ommit it in that case. The formats code list itself is created from the wcs_formats metadata which needsto match the names of the various output formats you define in the metadata.

So, in short, wcs_nativeformat should match one of the formats listed in wcs_formats. It will not break anything if that is not true. Perhaps we should enforce this.

The WCS how-to is not intended to exist apart from the implementation specifications, so you may at times need to refer to that document. Should you find errors or need more information then please contact me. Help enhancing documentation would be most welcome.

Steve

>>> Jeroen Ticheler <JEROEN.Ticheler at FAO.ORG> 10/06/05 9:41 AM >>>
Hi!
I would like to have some more background on some items of the map
file used for a time series WCS.

I ran into the element "wcs_nativeformat" that has the value "raw
binary" in the WCS samples. Are the values for this item free text,
or should they be a value from a restricted list. (Or should I dive
straight into the OGC-WCS specs now?)

Other elements listed also lack information on their use. Can I help
to improve them or is anyone planning to update the page?

Thanks in advance.
Jeroen
Jeroen Ticheler
FAO-UN