transparent overlay and alpha blending

Jerl Simpson jerl.simpso at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 6 14:23:04 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting the right place or not,but here goes.

I use Mapserver to generate maps (of course) I have another program that
grabs these maps, adds some dynamic content, and spits them out to a
browser. The other program is a C program and uses the GD library to
manipulate the images.

My output format is:

OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME gif
DRIVER "GD/GIF"
MIMETYPE "image/gif"
IMAGEMODE RGBA
EXTENSION "gif"
END

So I should be able to support alpha blending.

The problem, is when I add my layer to this gif, the area that should be
blended is completely opaque.
I can't seem to find anywhere where this reverts to a paletted image, so I'm
lost.

If anyone can help me, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I realize there's not much information to go on, so I'll wait to hear from
someone before sending specific information.

Thanks,

jerl