GDV Client

Lester Caine lester at LSCES.CO.UK
Thu Oct 6 16:04:10 EDT 2005

Janice Denovan wrote:

> Lester and List,
>
> I also thought the GDV Client worth exploring. I find:
>
> * Easy install (even with my 3 words of German)
> * Nice use of frames - maximizes the map area
> * Basic navigations tools - all working
>
> My only complaint is that on browser refresh (that's an F5 for IE or Ctrl-R
> for Mozilla) the application breaks with "getNumeric(): Incorrect data
> type." The GDV Client demo site at  http://www.gdv-
> gis.de/mapserver/htmlviewer/html/viewer.html fails, Lester's site breaks
> and my site breaks. Any thoughts ?

I have moved on a bit
http://home.lsces.co.uk/bitweaver/mapper/display_map.php
has it integrated with the bitweaver framework ready for adding
additional facilities.

The refresh problem relates to the way the browser loads the last file
accessed. If you use <Shift><Reload> in Mozilla there is not a problem.

--
Lester Caine