Confused about legends

Tamas Szekeres szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Mon Oct 10 16:48:34 EDT 2005

I think the legend might show the classes of those features that are
really drawn on the map with a given setting. In addition the drawing of
the legend item can be controlled manually by adding or removing the name
of the corresponding class.

Tamas

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:59:42 -0700, Chip Taylor <work at XWB.COM> wrote:

>I have been reading up on legends and legend templates but remain
confused.
>In my example I have three layers with named classes: Cities, Counties,
>States.  Cities and States layers are always on.  Counties display is
>controlled by a checkboxes.  At all times I do NOT want the States layer
>be included in the legend.  If the Counties layer checkbox is selected
then
>I want the legend to display the values in the Counties layer classes
only.
>Otherwise if the Counties layer checkbox is not selected (layer is off)
then