Confused about legends

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Mon Oct 10 13:59:42 EDT 2005

I have been reading up on legends and legend templates but remain confused.
In my example I have three layers with named classes: Cities, Counties,
States.  Cities and States layers are always on.  Counties display is
controlled by a checkboxes.  At all times I do NOT want the States layer to
be included in the legend.  If the Counties layer checkbox is selected then
I want the legend to display the values in the Counties layer classes only.
Otherwise if the Counties layer checkbox is not selected (layer is off) then
I want the legend to display the values in the Cities layer classes only.

How would I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chip Taylor
Prepared Response, Inc.