floating point grass rasters and mapserver

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 11 03:18:40 EDT 2005

Hi folks,
I trying to visualize grass rasters with mapserver.

What I get are nice maps, but those that are floating point and numbers > 255
are visualized in one single color, usually yellow, which probably only means
that the image is rendered at low resolution level.

I read the documentation about rasters more than once, but I seem to miss a
point.

I use png24.

If I normalize the map (i.e. map*maxvalue/255), it shows up correctly, but I
don't want to double the maps and also I want to see changes on the grass
location.

Any hint is appreciated.

Best regards,
Andrea

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik