floating point grass rasters and mapserver

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at CENTRUM.CZ
Tue Oct 11 04:23:15 EDT 2005

hi,

I had that feeling, that mapserver is able to display *only* maps with
<= 255 values..

I thing, there is no other way, than to double the maps :-/

Jachym

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:18:40AM +0200, Andrea Antonello wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I trying to visualize grass rasters with mapserver.
>
> What I get are nice maps, but those that are floating point and numbers > 255
> are visualized in one single color, usually yellow, which probably only means
> that the image is rendered at low resolution level.
>
> I read the documentation about rasters more than once, but I seem to miss a
> point.
>
> I use png24.
>
> If I normalize the map (i.e. map*maxvalue/255), it shows up correctly, but I
> don't want to double the maps and also I want to see changes on the grass
> location.
>
> Any hint is appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrea
>

> --
> HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
> www.hydrologis.com
>
> Andrea Antonello
> Environmental Engineer
> mobile:  +393288497722
>
> "Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
> if you want to be called wise."
> Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik

Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Tel.:   +420 545 134 514