floating point grass rasters and mapserver

Andrea Antonello andrea.antonello at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 11 10:46:01 EDT 2005

Frank,

> I would suggest reviewing the Raster howto.
>
>   http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data

Yes, it's from there I'm coming. I don't if it's a language limit, but I
didn't get it exactly. Or worse, I thought I had it, but instead I didn't.

> MapServer supports scaling non-8bit data to 8bit on the fly
> (see the SCALE processing option in the Raster howto) or
> to use classification on non-8bit images.

I tried to use it passing the min and the max, but my result is the yellow
map.

LAYER
  NAME bacino.rescaled.100
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA
"/centralgisenvironment/grassdb/liguria/def50m//cellhd/bacino.rescaled.100"
  PROCESSING "SCALE=1,229172"
END

where 1 and 229172 are min and max.

Then I tried with PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO" expecting the same to happen, but in
that case I get a black layer.

What is going on?

Thanks,
Andrea

> Best regards,
> --
> ---------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
>--- I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam,
> warmerdam at pobox.com light and sound - activate the windows |
> http://pobox.com/~warmerdam and watch the world go round - Rush    |
> Geospatial Programmer for Rent

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik