Proj4 problem

Giorgio Plazzotta giorgio.plazzotta at SARASRICERCHE.IT
Wed Oct 12 10:17:00 EDT 2005

MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 2 Oct 2005 to 3 Oct 2005 (#2005-285)hi all
I have a problem probably with proj4.

i am using 2 different mapserver installations, one works on a linux server and another one on a windows server (ms4w). i think that the proj4 version of the linux installation is 4.4.7 while on the windows version there is the last available for this system that is 4.4.6.

The problem is that the same data and mapfile have a different behaviour when i have to display graticule grids.
More specifically i just have set the projection of the environment in the top part of the mapfile.
All the datasets are already in that same reference systems so they don't need any projection session.
I inserted 3 layers representing 3 different geographic systems (italian, UTM and Geographical) as graticules.
Of course in the graticules i expressed the Projection clause relative to each reference system.

In the linux environment everything works fine but in the windows don't. Apart that i get a double label along the graticule lines, the utm system is shown with wrong values and the graticule is not perpendicular but rotated with an agle of maybe 40 degrees.

The fact that on one system everything works fine makes me think that there is something wrong in the 4.4.6 installation for windows and maybe it involves the italian gauss-boaga reference system epsg:25691 that i use as a base for my  project,
any help?

Giorgio