low quality image output

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 12 11:06:50 EDT 2005

hi.
is your aerial photo a tif source?
as far as I remember, mapserver uses closest neighbour interpolation
for downsizing the original image, which results in poor quality. you
should use the gdal utility gdaladdo to precompute downsized images
(using the "average" filter), and make sure that the file is 24bit and
not  color indexed
tb