OGR/OVF Issues

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Mon Oct 17 13:30:52 EDT 2005

Further to the problem that we were having on our windows server, using
OVF to connect to SQL Server...

For the record, I copied an older version of gdal12.dll (dated
3/23/2005) into the cgi-bin directory and everything works fine. Seems
to me that something funky is going on with gdal12.dll dated 7/19/2005.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

D. Pagurek

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:05 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] OGR/OVF Issues

On 10/11/05, Avramov,Daniel [Ontario] <Daniel.Avramov at ec.gc.ca> wrote:
> Good to know. We have just discovered that things are working fine
> with MapServer 4.4. Furthermore, with 4.6.1 we did get a positive
> result with cgi mode (i.e. mode=map) still using the ovf file.

Daniel,

I am not aware of any reason the behavior would be different with
MapServer 4.4 and 4.6.  However, with memory corruption issues (a
possibilty) unrelated changes can affect crashing.

> Now, does MapServer need to be compiled with GDAL 1.3.0 for Windows?
>
> We have gdal12.dll (dated: 2005_07_19) in the cgi-bin directory. Will
> replacing this with gdal13.dll fix the issue or do we need a new
> compilation of MapServer for Windows and is it available?

Well, it is hard to know from this what version the GDAL is, but it is
certainly recently dated.   You could try upgrading to GDAL 1.3.1
but it is somewhat of a long shot for fixing the problem.

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com