faint TT fonts

Charlton Purvis cplist at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Oct 20 09:09:13 EDT 2005

Hi, GDAL-ers and MS-ers:

The fact that I'm cross posting is a symptom of the fact that I don't know
where to start digging.

I have 2 deployments of the same base data that are using the same TT font
to produce arrows.  Please ignore the difference in background color, but if
you look at the attached images, you'll see that there is a striking
difference in the boldness of the font from the first .gif to the 2nd.  The
MS installations are almost identical, but obviously something isn't quite
right.  I could increase the size of the font on the attachment
mapserv2_with_arrows to be able to see the vectors, but that isn't what I
want to do.  Where should I start digging?  GD, MS?

I'm using pretty much the latest and greatest versions of everything.  But I
can list specifics -- just shout it out.

Thanks,

Charlton