wmsclient

Roland Forster rf123 at GMX.NET
Mon Oct 24 11:43:29 EDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:36:08 +0200, Bart van den Eijnden <BEN at SYNCERA-
ITSOLUTIONS.NL> wrote:

Hi Bart,

>Can you check the source of your red cross image (right mouse button,
properties, and then copy the URL) and put the URL into a new browser
window? That might give you more information.

there is no information, because there is no image sent back.

>Otherwise check the following:
>1) can you create a GetMap request to the WMS service in a URL and get a
working image back?
This works fine:
http://demo.intevation.de/cgi/frida-wms?
REQUEST=GetMap&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYERS=gewaesser&SRS=EPSG:31467&hei
ght=100&width=100

>2) try some debugging on Mapserver, see eg:
>
>http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DebuggingMapserver

I tried img2shp but the result is:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Unable to initialize image. <br>
msPrepareImage(): General error message. Image dimensions not specified.

>3) do you need a http proxy to connect to outdoor services?
no proxy needed.

I think the error may be in the mapfile.
Is it right to say that the webservice itself sends the extent of the image
(because in my mapfile there is no definition)?

Hmm, I've no idea whats going wrong.
Roland