one-to-many relationship between Mapserver and PostgreSQL

Carlo Calvino carlo.calvino at EMAIL.IT
Wed Oct 26 03:36:12 EDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:19:16 -0400, Pagurek,Debbie [NCR]
<Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA> wrote:

>One way of pulling your one to many relationship from postgresql is to
>use the layer template to set it to a URL, such as a php script, that
>passes the city value and that php script then does a query to your
>postgresql database and presents the results. There have been posts to
>the mapserver list about this and I believe that Richard Greenwood has
>published a paper that discusses this technique.

Thanks a lot for your help. I done what you suggested, and it is ok. Now i
would like to know if there is another way: Would it be helpful to build a
geodatabase inside PostgreSql?