antialiasing line features..

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Oct 26 13:09:29 EDT 2005

On 10/26/05, Giorgio Plazzotta <giorgio.plazzotta at sarasricerche.it> wrote:
> The antialiasing is an interesting feature and the desktop systems (ex.
> Manifold) that uses a good antialiasing engine really have a very attractive
> look but, depending of the project goals, this feature could be considered
> of secondary importance compared to performance, especially in case or many
> remote accesses and not so fast connections such as in my country.

Giorgio (or Flavio),

If you can submit a bug, to my attention, demonstrating the difference
in output quality between jpeg and png24 I could look into it.   Please
include a minimal mapfile, and data to reproduce the problem, images
showing the difference you see, and anything else I would need.  Ideally
setup so that I can just run "shp2img" on the mapfile with different
outputformat values.

Best regards,