Using WMS time dimension with rasters?

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Oct 26 13:48:17 EDT 2005

Jeff,

  There is a limited set of time patterns supported of the ISO 8601
format (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/wms-time-support-howto.html).
Were you thinking about supporting all the types ? Are there some
patterns that need to be supported ? Other thoughts ?

  I have cc'd the list since It might be interesting to others.

Later,

> I think, another larger
> issue with the WMS time support - use of the ISO 8601 format, both for
> specifying single times as well as ranges.
>
> I'm guessing that this issue is more on the order of a major overhaul as
> opposed to a simple bug fix like the raster tileindex issue...

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/