About Current Map Scale

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 27 11:28:40 EDT 2005

This is just a courtesy post.  Some time ago I needed the map's
current scale to do certain things.  I was having the problem of the
map scale not being current until I ran $map->draw().  I was
disappointed this was the only way I could do this since it incurs a
sizable performance hit.  Fast forward a few months ... I just
stumbled across $map->prepareQuery().  It does exactly what I need!
Looks like this was a long-forgotten func since no one else on the
list could offer any better ideas over $map->draw();

So ... hope this helps others.

And thanks, list, for all the awesome help all the time.

-Abe