Displaying chinese fonts inside GML

Taka Wong taka_www at SINAMAN.COM
Thu Oct 27 22:39:17 EDT 2005

Hi

Does anyone having experience on displaying chinese fonts?
I am now using GML 2.12 as data source files, which containing a attribute
values in chinese/double byte fonts, once I call any layer image embedded
with a label of the chinese attribute, it had failed to show. Sometimes it
can show some meaningless character, and sometimes system claimed my GML
file is invalid.

I have found an article from OGR,

http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/projects/wcts/imp_details.html

it stated the OGR XML/GML reader only support reading 8-bit XML file, XML
other than 8-bit would be fail in reading.

I wonder this problem has been solved. May I have some suggestions about
this problem?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Taka