OGR and oracle (MS4W 1.5)

listuser HH listuser at HERZSYS.DE
Mon Apr 3 11:51:34 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> listuser HH wrote:
>
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> thanks for the answer. You are right something in the connection is
>> failing. I used SrcLayer for the data source definition - when I use
>> SrcSQL with a "select * .." it works.
>

> Norbert,
>
> The datasource definition (OCI:...) should go in the SrcDataSource tag.
> The SrcLayer should contain the name of the table you wish to operate on.
> You might want to use ogrinfo against the datasource to ensure that you
> are using the right name for the layer (table) as it might contain
> prefixes.
>
> Best regards,

Hi again,

I tried it like that. When I used orginfo on the datasource only one
table was shown. This was the table which has sdo geometry.

Here is my .ovf content for the x/y data table:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="netzknoten">
        <SrcDataSource>OCI:[..]</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcLayer>strassennetz.tmp_vw_netzknoten</SrcLayer>
    <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
    <LayerSRS>EPSG:31467</LayerSRS>
    <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="KOORDINATE_X"
y="KOORDINATE_Y"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

This produced the TNS problem. After that I changed SrcLayer to SrcSQL
and added "select * from" and it worked.

Thanks and best regards,

Norbert