label roads only once...

Thu Apr 6 18:14:24 EDT 2006

John Cole wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm trying clean up my road labels a little bit.  I seem to remember a
> postgis/mapsever example where the roads were collected before labeling, but
> I can't find that presentation before.
>
>   My roads are in a postgis table, does someone have that example or could
> give a few clues on how it would be done?

John,

Just set the MINDISTANCE in the LABEL object. If you set it to slightly
more than half the width of the image you will get only one of two
labels per name, if you set it to the width of the image or a large
number then you will only get one label max.

The PostGIS document you are looking for is linked off of:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/conferences/MUM3/workshop/postgis/

-Steve W