landview mapserver application and treatment of layers

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 7 13:28:35 EDT 2006

Greetings,

I have been struggling with getting layers to function properly with the
landview DHTML application.

Currently, all of my layers defined in a mapfile, are set to DEFAULT. I would
like to be able to toggle them from the legend (and HTML legend) so I have
started setting key layers to ON .

However, when i do this none of these layers show up on the map. If i
explicitly define a layer to be on in the URL with layers=layer1 layer2 ...
they layers appear on the map, but the checkbox next the the legend entry is
not checked. checking or unchecking the box has no effect.

also, with every load of the page, I am getting the following error:
Error: document.layers has no properties
Source Line: 226

any thoughts on what might be happening ?

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis