(oracle)

Clint Johnson cjohnson at REFRACTIONS.NET
Fri Apr 7 20:11:23 EDT 2006

Yes,

Connection to oracle spatial is another animal and will take some work
to configure.  Your mapping example is incomplete; it makes no reference
of any TSN entry.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto
That website describes how to configure your oracle connection

Important notes]
- Your mapserver must have support for oracle spatial connectivity;
perform a GetCapabilites request to check.
- "you need Oracle client software in the server on which you are
running mapserver."
- Your environment MUST have ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, and TSN_ADMIN
correctly defined.
-  You must specify the ID/TNS entry within the CONNECTION tag of your
layer:

CONNECTION "user/pwd at MYDB"

MYDB -- that is not an ip address; its the identifier that you need to
create in your tnsnames.ora file.

Cheers,
Clints

--