Creating DSN Datasource Name (newbie question...)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Apr 8 22:08:34 EDT 2006

Veikko wrote:
> I have succeeded to get mapserver running (using hostgis package).
> I would like to access simple .csv files using OGR extension, but the
> documentation isn't clear for me.
>

> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/VirtualSpatialData
>       "Comma, tab or custom delimited text/flat files work with
> VirtualSpatialData.
>     Create the Datasource Name (DSN)
>          * Specific notes about creating a DSN on Windows and Linux can
> be found by
>            searching the MapServer reference documents site: ---"
>
> I have searched those documents and googled around, but ...
>
> So, how the DSN for accessing .csv files should be created on Linux?
>
> Veikko.

Veikko,

You would need to dig into the details of whatever ODBC package you are
using.  However, I if you just want CSV files, then it is now possible
to just use them directly without any ODBC hocus-pocus.  Details on the
csv driver are available at:

   http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_csv.html

Best regards,