Colors for features

john jwpaige at PACBELL.NET
Tue Apr 11 15:26:20 EDT 2006

I am now able to produce maps using shp2img.

The map file file below produces all lines as green. What do I need
to change to
show features in different colors. I had thought this would produce
red, green, and blue
features depending on the expression. Also, I have had no luck in
showing lakes, streams, etc.

All files incuding the TGR and font files are in /usr/testfiles

Thanks for any help to keep going

MAP
SIZE 600 600
EXTENT -156.682 20.870 -156.675 20.8770
FONTSET "/usr/testfiles/Fontset.txt"

   LAYER                     # Start of LAYER object
     NAME CompleteChain
         TYPE LINE
     STATUS DEFAULT
     CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
     CONNECTION "/usr/testfiles"

     LABELITEM "FENAME"
     CLASS                   # Start of CLASS object
        COLOR 0 200 0
         LABEL
             TYPE TRUETYPE
             FONT sans-bold
             BUFFER 7
             MINFEATURESIZE 0
             MINDISTANCE 350
             POSITION CC
             ANGLE AUTO
             SIZE 7
             COLOR 70 70 70
             PARTIALS false
             OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
          END
     END

     CLASSITEM 'CFCC'

       	CLASS
                NAME "City Streets"
              EXPRESSION /A4/
              COLOR 200 0 0
    	END                     # End of CLASS object

    	CLASS
                NAME "Other Streets"
              EXPRESSION /A[1-3]/
              COLOR 0 200  0
    	END                     # End of CLASS object

    	CLASS
                NAME "Some Streets"
              EXPRESSION /A[5-9]/
              COLOR 0  0 200
         END                     # End of CLASS object

   END                       # End of LAYER object

   END