MapServer and System Variables

Randy How rhow at I3.COM
Tue Apr 11 15:59:40 EDT 2006

My question is - On a windows OS does MapServer respect system variables?
Specifically in regards to the map files and the "location" field in the
indexing shapefiles.

We are in the process of co-locating an existing enterprise system and are
concerned about file system paths and how to configure them between
locations.

For example, we currently have \\machine\drive\directory\filename.ext
<file://\\machine\drive\directory\filename.ext>  - I was wondering if
MapServer would recognize the system variable and substitute the appropriate
value - \\%machine_drive1%\directory\filename.ext

Thanks for any insight,
Randy How
Fort Collins, CO