On the fly RASTER warping

Michael S. Birkmose msb at GATEHOUSE.DK
Wed Apr 12 10:40:19 EDT 2006

> Hello,
>
> If your EXTENT are degrees (-180 -90 180 90), so your UNITS should be
DD
>   and not METERS and this should match your map projection setting.
> And if your wms server is Danmark only, try focusing on Danmark, not
the
> world!
>
> Didn't found any epsg:54004, is it standard ?
>
> Marc Monnerat

Hi Marc

Your input helped me further - now I can actually generate the map with
the 54004 (Mercator) projection).

However I have a bit of a problem.

In my PHP mapscript I can only display something by using the
coordinates in meters as you supplied it:

$gpoMap = ms_newMapObj("wmsmmap.map");
$gpoMap->setExtent(868292.03, 7135562.57, 1447153.38, 7931049.58);

However I would like to set the extent using degrees - i.e:

$gpoMap->setExtent(7.8, 54, 13, 58);

How would I do this?
Alternativly how could I convert my degrees to meters as you supplied
it?

Best regards,
Michael