On the fly RASTER warping

Marc Monnerat marc.monnerat at BLUEWIN.CH
Wed Apr 12 12:33:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think you could use the ProjectionObj in Mapscript to convert your points:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/projectionobj

Copied/pasted from the above link::

Creates a projection object based on the projection string passed as
argument.

Eg : $projInObj = ms_newprojectionobj("proj=latlong") will create a
geographic projection class.

Eg of usage : the following example will convert a lat/long point to an
LCC projection :

  $projInObj = ms_newprojectionobj("proj=latlong");
  $projOutObj = ms_newprojectionobj("proj=lcc,ellps=GRS80,lat_0=49,".
                       "lon_0=-95,lat_1=49,lat_2=77");
  $poPoint = ms_newpointobj();
  $poPoint->setXY(-92.0, 62.0);
  $poPoint->project($projInObj, $projOutObj);

So replace the parameters according to your projections

Marc Monnerat