ogr please help

Skalski Artur - askals Artur.Skalski at ACXIOM.COM
Thu Apr 13 12:03:33 EDT 2006

Many thanks for Your advice, I finaly managed to get it work, but now I'm facing another problem,
when I do the queryByattributes i can get the results and features are selected but as a query results I get blank records without any values in cels, in another words I get part of attributes table but with blank record although I can zoom in to these selected features,

all works fine with another data which are Mapinfo TABs

any idea why is this happening?

artur

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:49 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ogr please help

Skalski Artur - askals wrote:

> I keep trying but no results...
>
> still can't figure out how to use ogr2ogr correctly to make index or
> spatial index on my shapefile, can someone help me please
>
> I'm trying to create index with this statement:
>
> ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" streets.shp streets_plyline.shp -sql CREATE
> INDEX index ON streets USING (CITY_STREET)
>
> but this generates error1..
>
> can someone point me how such command should look like correctly, how to
> make this index on shp. file

Artur,

If you just want to create an index on a file, use ogrinfo with the -sql
statement.

eg.
ogrinfo streets.shp -sql "CREATE SPATIAL INDEX index ON streets"

You might want to skim the Shapefile page for details.

   http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_shapefile.html

Note that the quotes are important.  The whole SQL statement has to be
treated as a single argument to the program.

Best regards,
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.