connection to esri geodatabase

Steve Pashby s.pashby at POSTGRAD.CURTIN.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 14 23:23:11 EDT 2006

Khaled Kamoun <khaled.kamoun <at> GMAIL.COM> writes:

> Hello,
> I want to connect to an ESRI geodatabase named "021_La_Goulette_SO.mdb" and
use a layer named "RCROUCAL"
> I used this code:
>
> CONNECTIONTYPE
ogrCONNECTION "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MapservApp\donnee\021_La_Goulette_SO.mdb"DATA
 "RCROUCAL"

> but i recived this error :
>

> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Rcroucal'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MapservApp\donnee\021_La_Goulette_SO.mdb'. File not found
or unsupported format.

> How can I do;
> Thank you
>
> -- Khaled KAMOUN

Hi Khaled,

I've just recently connected to an ESRI geodatabase - and had some problems to
start with too.

Try running 'ogrinfo' from the Command Line Promt and see if it can access
your data, ie->

ogrinfo C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MapservApp\donnee\021_La_Goulette_SO.mdb -summary

and see if you get a summary of your data.  If you can, at least you know
MapServer CAN access your data.

See what happens ...
Cheers,
Steve