my new beta GIS Software ElshayalSmart for map and data base editing and drawing

Andrew Williams awilliams at RAPIDMAP.COM.AU
Mon Apr 17 19:37:41 EDT 2006

Mohamed,
It has most of what an entry level GIS would need. The one thing that I look for in new GIS tools is the speed with which they open a file. Your system is quite slow. The reason is due to your application opening the entire file into memory. For small files this is OK, for large files this is a problem. The applications that open files quickly use spatial indexing to optimise the amount of information loaded into memory at any one time. Make better use of spatial indexing (it's hard I know) and you will have a good tool.

You should be proud of your achievement.

regards
Andrew

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Mr. Mohamed Elshayal [mailto:elshayal at SMARTWEBONLINE.COM]
	Sent: Tue 4/18/2006 2:15 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] my new beta GIS Software ElshayalSmart for map and data base editing and drawing

	Dear Sirs,

	I have published my new beta GIS Software ElshayalSmart for map and data base editing and drawing

	Kindly, please download it at http://www.smartwebonline.com/
	or at
	http://www.gismagazine.com/downloads/download.php?id=143

	and test it and inform me by your ideas and points of view

	Thank you and best personal regards
	Mohamed Elshayal